Photons, Quasars and the Possibility of Free Will

by Brian Koberlein | 30 December 2018 | Physics

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.briankoberlein.com/photons-quasars-free-will/

So, free will and predestination are NOT mutually exclusive.
Here is my belief:

I’m a photographer, so my understanding comes from my view of reality. We proceed through our reality by moving along along a PREDESTINED filmstrip, one frame at a time. But their are stacks of film strips and even rows of stacks. Our FREE WILL is the choice we make to proceed along the strip we are on, or to jump to the strip above, below or the one next to the strip w are on. All strips theoretically exist; our journey through life results from the choices we make to stay on a strip or jump to another. When we think “I shoulda made a different decision” we are wishing we had jumped onto another strip. Knowing we aren’t trapped on a particular strip gives us the power to make choices. It also takes away the excuse that “I couldn’t help it”.

From randomness in quantum entanglement to free will is a huge leap. You’ve got to read all the way through, nearly to the bottom of this essay, to get to a line that acknowledges this. The first sentence in the last paragraph reads:

“Of course, randomness isn’t the only thing necessary for free will.”

Now. What chasm is being crossed here? There are probably a lot of ways to put it, but let’s try this. We are going from physical events to the realm of thought and ideas. To understand physical events, we have to have a system of thoughts and ideas to describe them. Usually it requires mathematics, which is itself a system, several systems, actually, of ideas. Here’s what is important. The ideas are not the events. At one level, they are only a means to understand them. Ideas can be much more, however.

Free will implies that someone or something(?!) can decide to influence physical events. If true, than the universe cannot be wholly deterministic. The whole idea of free will transcends the universe. That’s a lot to ponder.

Tangled magnetic fields that come from quasar’s can make new galaxies…
That come from one galaxy too another.
And when all black hole’s merge to one gigantic black hole,supermassive particle’s will shoot out the other side in a White hole to start another big bang…this event goes on for eternity, like elementary electron particle’s know as spin,are like electric dipole movement,
Electron particles are not always quantum and they do not orbit the nucleus of a atom but make a atom that develops matter so the nucleus of a atom is made of neutrons and protons thus we have quarks that are not all Small:…"
From
Robert Norton
(2.8)M^^Me