Doppler effect

by Brian Koberlein | 5 September 2013 | Astronomy

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.briankoberlein.com/doppler-effect/

I was wander if source does matter ? Source of sound is usually mechanical and source of light is bit different, more toward atomic levels.
So if we use the same logic for observing two different things we actually observe just one part of it. If we use Doppler logic we just observe narrow area in wide spectrum. Linear algebra usually gives results with some declinations on results that can be too much offset in real world.
If our light source is any sun in universe, then the patterns are much the same, if it radiates diffuse light as our Sun.
Diffuse light is granularly dispersed and evenly, on the other side car sound is different source of phenomena and it has different properties than the light. Pitching sound, as I imagine it, is actually just one vector in whole wave of incoming sounds(just measured one). Now we are using the same logic when we talk about blue/red shifts as they can depend only on that one vector(of sound quality or property a like) that is matter to us. Sound change in different temperature areas, so what I m talking about is(my soda pitch example) that we must use area calculus but not vector type as Doppler’s one. That can give complete different results from expected ones. So we need something that will first count down diffused part of far galaxy and then extrapolate shifts for that specific area(don’t know what to do with all the space in between without reference galaxy to measure). We can measure almost anything with linear growth formula in x/x fashion. Don’t know maybe I’m wrong.

Imagine curtains on your windows. In biggest room you have in house. When you pull them in one side, only one part(1/5 of whole) curtains is moving. That part is Doppler area, as I imagine this problem. Rest of them can’t be affected by that initial pull.
Other example. Let’s take X ray measurement discrepancy of just 5%. Only thing you get is again nearby frequency in X ray spectra. One could think that there is nothing else but those.

It’s hard to keep it simple.